Fergang is accused of making 814 transactions in four customers’ accounts.
Scott Fergang (CRD: 1758758) is registered as a broker and investment adviser with Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, where he has been employed since 2019. Previously, Fergang was registered as a broker and investment adviser with RBC Capital Markets from 2010 until 2019.
Fergang has three disclosures on his BrokerCheck report.
April 2021 Regulatory Judgment
- Status: Final
- Initiated By: FINRA
- Allegations: Without admitting or denying the findings, Fergang consented to the sanctions and to the entry of findings that he exercised discretionary trading authority to effect 814 transactions in four customer’s account. The findings stated that none of the four customers provided written authorization for Fergang to exercise discretion in their accounts and his former member firm did not accept any of the four accounts as discretionary accounts.
- Resolution: Acceptance, Waiver & Consent (AWC)
- Sanctions: Civil and Administrative Penalty(ies)/Fine(s)
- Amount: $5,000.00
- Sanctions: Suspension
- Registration Capacities Affected: All Capacities
- Duration: 15 Business Days
- Start Date: 5/17/2021
- End Date: 6/7/2021
June 2019 Employment Separation After Allegations
- Firm Name: RBC Capital Markets, LLC
- Termination Type: Discharged
- Allegations: Violation of Firm’s Time and Price Discretion policy.
May 2018 Customer Dispute
- Status: Settled
- Allegations: Former client questions the suitability of mutual fund purchases and alleges she missed breakpoints. She seeks reimbursement of front-end sales charges from 2012-2017.
- Damage Amount Requested: $86,528.00
- Settlement Amount: $51,286.00
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations surrounding Scott Fergang. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.