Stratton refused to provide information and documents requested by FINRA in connection with their investigation.
Thomas Ward Stratton (CRD#: 1646899) is registered as a broker with World Choice Securities, Inc. from 2004 until 2021. Previously, Stratton was registered as a broker with Financial Independence Systems, Inc. from 2002 until 2004.
Stratton has four disclosures on his BrokerCheck report.
August 2021 Employment Separation After Allegations
- Firm Name: World Choice Securities, Inc.
- Termination Type: Voluntary Resignation
- Allegations: FINRA Wells Notice for failure to respond to requests for information timely and fully. AWC resulted in bar.
August 2021 Regulatory Judgment
- Status: Final
- Initiated By: FINRA
- Allegations: Without admitting or denying the findings, Stratton consented to the sanction and to the entry of findings that he refused to provide information and documents requested by FINRA in connection with its investigation of his potential misuse of customer funds with respect to the sale of promissory notes related to a third party’s life insurance policy and misrepresentations thereto. The findings stated that this matter originated from a tip to FINRA’s Securities Helpline for Seniors. The findings also stated that Stratton provided a partial but incomplete response to FINRA’s requests and later acknowledged that he received the requests and will not produce the outstanding information or documents.
- Resolution: Acceptance, Waiver & Consent (AWC)
- Sanctions: Bar
- Registration Capacities Affected: All Capacities
- Duration: Indefinite
- Start Date: 8/12/2021
August 2021 Investigation
- Initiated By: FINRA
- Description of Investigation: FINRA Case #2021071245401. On August 3, 2021, FINRA made a preliminary determination to recommend that disciplinary action be brought against Thomas Stratton alleging violation of FINRA Rules 8210 and 2010 in that he provided an incomplete and untimely response to FINRA’s Request for Information and Documents dated May 28, 2021, an incomplete response to FINRA’s Request for Information and Documents dated June 28, 2021, and failed to respond to FINRA’s Request for Information and Documents dated July 13, 2021.
July 2016 Customer Dispute
- Status: Settled
- Allegations: Client claims unsuitable management of accounts/over-concentration/Margin/Breach of Fiduciary Duty. Account was established in July 2013 and transferred out October 2015.
- Damage Amount Requested: $96,344.00
- Settlement Amount: $50,000.00
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations surrounding Thomas Ward Stratton. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.