Stephen Hurtuk (CRD#: 848484) is a former FINRA broker and registered investment advisor (RIA). From 2007 to 2017, Mr. Hurtuk was employed in the securities industry with Stifel, Nicolaus & Company in Boardman, Ohio. In the last two years, six customer disputes have been filed against this broker.
In these complaints, customers raise allegations that Mr. Hurtuk promoted unsuitable investments and that he engaged in other forms of broker misconduct. In this post, our experienced securities fraud attorneys offer an in-depth overview of the customer disputes that have been filed against broker Stephen Hurtuk.
Investor Complaints: Stephen Hurtuk
Between the summer of 2016 and the summer of 2018, six investors filed complaints against former Stifel, Nicolaus & Company broker Stephen Hurtuk:
- An investor alleged unsuitable investment recommendations: Settled for $99,658.18
- A customer alleged that Mr. Hurtuk improperly invested funds in speculative assets and failed to properly diversify investment holdings: Settled for $145,000
- Allegations were raised that this broker improperly overconcentrated securities, which resulted in avoidable investment losses: Settled for $25,000
- An investor alleged that Mr. Hurtuk improperly classified the risk tolerance and investment objectives on her account: This complaint is currently pending, and the customer is seeking $16,558.30
- There were allegations of breach of fiduciary duty in relation to possible over-investment in speculative assets: This complaint is currently pending, and the customer is seeking $45,493.50
- An investor alleged that Mr. Hurtuk executed unsuitable investments: This complaint has been denied.
Get Help From a Securities Fraud Lawyer
At Sonn Law Group, we handle investment fraud claims in state court, federal court, and in FINRA arbitration proceedings. For a free initial consultation, please do not hesitate to contact our law firm today.
Disclaimer: This article contains opinions and NOT statements of fact in any way whatsoever. The information here is general information that should not be taken as legal advice. NO attorney-client relationship is established between you and our attorneys by reading this article. This article is attorney advertising and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice from a qualified securities lawyer.