Investors are currently suffering losses in these risky investments after receiving misleading advice from brokers.
The Sonn Law Group is investigating allegations that investors lost money due to unsuitability and excessive risk. If you or a family member has suffered losses investing, we want to discuss your case. Please contact us today for a free review of your case.
Sonn Law Group is investigating investor losses from oil, gas and energy stocks, master limited partnerships (“MLPs”) and funds, including the following:
MLPs & Stocks
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (KMP)
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP)
- Energy Product Partners (EPD)
- Plains All American Pipeline (PAA)
- Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP)
- Buckeye Partners (BKE)
- Noble Energy (NE)
- Williams Partners (WPG)
- Regency Energy Partners (RGP)
- ONEOK Partners (OKS)
- MarkWest Energy Partners (MWE)
- Linn Energy (LINE)
- Encore Energy Partners (ENP)
- Cheniere Energy Partners (LQP)
- Penn West (PWE)
- Pengrowth Energy Trust (PGH)
- DCP Midstream Partners (DCP)
- NuStar Energy LP (NS)
- NGL Energy Partners (NGL)
- Valero Energy (VLO)
- Chesapeake Energy (CHK)
- Freeport-McMoran (FCX)
- Alpha Natural Resources (ANR)
- Anadarko Petroleum (APC)
- Marathon Oil (MRO)
- Alerian MLP ETF (AMLP)
- JP Morgan Alerian MLP Index ETN (AMJ)
- First Trust North American Energy (EMLP)
- EV Energy Partners (EVEP)
- Transamerica MLP Fund (TMLAX)
- Yorkville High Income MLP (YMLP)
- UBS Alerian MLP (MLPI)
- Credit Suisse X-Links Cushing MLP Infrastructure (MLPN)
Over the last 12 months, investments like these have fallen over 50%. Many are cutting investors’ distributions so they are no longer producing income. Many of the investors, specifically income-seeking retirees, were advised by brokers and financial advisors to invest in these stocks and funds. They were assured that the investments were safe and secure, and would continue to generate income with a moderate risk level. Many investors were even told the investments were “must-own”, and that there was little to no risk present.
Despite these assurances, the oil and gas energy stocks, MLPs, and funds are risky and speculative investments that are unsuitable for conservative or even moderate investors. Investors that are seeking to protect their principal and generate income are not appropriate investors for these stocks and funds.
Financial advisors and brokers are required to make suitable investment recommendations, accounting for your age, income, net worth, investment experience, and investment objectives. Diversification is the key to reducing risk. As such, over-concentrated exposure to any sector or investment but particularly volatile industries like oil and gas can be unsuitable for many investors.
Contact Us Today
If you suffered losses investing, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.