Francoeur was accused of assisting a client with an unapproved investment.
Michael Paul Francoeur (CRD: 5534184) was registered as a broker with Cambridge Investment Research from 2012 until 2020. Previously, Francoeur was registered as a broker with Edward Jones from 2008 until 2012.
Francoeur has three disclosures on his BrokerCheck report. One customer dispute filed against Francoeur was denied.
February 2021 Regulatory Judgment
- Status: Final
- Initiated By: FINRA
- Allegations: Without admitting or denying the findings, Francoeur consented to the sanction and to the entry of findings that he refused to provide information requested by FINRA after it received a customer complaint regarding him. The findings stated that Francoeur’s member firm filed a Form U5 stating that he was discharged after he assisted a client with an investment not approved by the firm and communicated through unapproved email, both in violation of firm policy.
- Resolutation: Acceptance, Waiver & Consent (AWC)
- Sanctions: Bar
- Registration Capacities Affected: All Capacities Affected
- Duration: Indefinite
- Start Date: 2/3/2021
March 2020 Employment Separation After Allegations
- Firm Name: Cambridge Investment Research, Inc.
- Termination Type: Discharged
- Allegations: Registered representative assisted client with investment not approved by the firm and communicated through unapproved email, both in violation of firm policy.
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations surrounding Michael Paul Francoeur. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.