Chang is also accused of over-concentrating the client’s portfolio.
The Sonn Law Group is investigating allegations that Wenjinn Chang made unsuitable investment recommendations. If you or a family member has suffered losses investing, we want to discuss your case. Please contact us today for a free review of your case.
Wenjinn Chang (CRD#: 4536266) is currently registered as a broker and investment adviser with Independent Financial Group, where she has been employed since 2012. Previously, Chang was employed by Ameritas Investment Corp. from 2004 until 2012.
Chang has two disclosures on his BrokerCheck report.
February 2020 Customer Dispute
- Status: Pending
- Allegations: “Alleges investments were not suitable and that there was an over concentration in risky products.”
- Damage Amount Requested: $128,000.00
- Broker Comment: “Customers claims are without merit or support; firm intends to defend.”
October 2018 Customer Dispute
- Status: Settled
- Allegations: “Alleged over-concentration of non-traded REITs that were not suitable and that resulted in losses.”
- Damage Amount Requested: $50,000.00
- Settlement Amount: $32,500.00
- Broker Comment: “Representative denies any and all allegations of wrongdoing and disclaims all liability with respect to any and all assertions made by Claimants. Claim was settled in the interest of avoiding the time and costs associated with protracted resolution of a claim.”
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations that Wenjinn Chang recommended unsuitable investments. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.